In February's birthstone collection, amethyst is a symbol of protection and has the power to overcome difficulty. It encourages self control and strengthens the bond in a love relationship. Amethyst is also believed to help to steady a restless mind and bring mental and emotional well-being.
At one time the stone only donned by royalty, amethyst has been heralded throughout history, from the ancient Egyptians, to Romans, Greeks, to the people of Tibet, who consider the gemstone sacred to the Buddha and excellent for prayer beads.
Each piece encapsulates the lush beauty that defines the feel beautiful tribe.
* Mosaic: faceted amethyst surrounded by pyrite-10 mm in diameter
* drop is faceted cognac citrinewith faceted labradorite
* sapphires knotted onto silk, the same material as the traditional pearl necklace- very durable
* 17" in length, hand hammered silver hook for clasp
* Hand made in our Chicagoland studio