In February's birthstone collection, amethyst is a symbol of protection and has the power to overcome difficulty. It encourages self control and strengthens the bond in a love relationship. Amethyst is also believed to help to steady a restless mind and bring mental and emotional well-being.
At one time the stone only donned by royalty, amethyst has been heralded throughout history, from the ancient Egyptians, to Romans, Greeks, to the people of Tibet, who consider the gemstone sacred to the Buddha and excellent for prayer beads.
* Faceted amethyst with drops of rhodochrosite
* wire wrapped gemstone chain
* 16" necklace, with 2 inch extender chain in silver
* Please note: rhodocrosite is a natural gem, and pink tones will vary
* Hand made in our Chicagoland studio
Thank you, darling Sophanista.