Iolite and diamonds, set in gold, is surrounded by sapphire and aquamarine in a ring that would make any Byzantine princess clap with delight.
In March's birthstone collection, aquamarine is a timeless gemstone said to symbolize youth, hope, health and fidelity. Since this gemstone is the color of water and the sky, it is said to embody eternal life. The name aquamarine was derived by the Romans, “aqua,” meaning water, and “mare,” meaning sea, as the soothing blue emulated the color of the ocean.
Believed to possess medicinal and healing powers, this ethereal gemstone was said to be an effective antidote against poison. Aquamarines were thought to be the source of power for soothsayers, who called it the “magic mirror,” and used it for telling fortunes and answering questions about the future.
This mosaic ring is so versatile, you won't leave home without it.
* Iolite and diamonds bezel set in gold.
* Surrounded by faceted aquamarine and sapphire.
* Elegant, versatile piece that can be worn with jeans or to a black tie.
* Set in hand cast silver, mosaic is 24mm in diameter.
* Handmade in our Chicago studio.