Faceted aquamarine and gold on hand hammered sterling silver.
In March's birthstone collection, aquamarine is a timeless gemstone said to symbolize youth, hope, health and fidelity. Since this gemstone is the color of water and the sky, it is said to embody eternal life. The name aquamarine was derived by the Romans, “aqua,” meaning water, and “mare,” meaning sea, as the soothing blue emulated the color of the ocean.
Believed to possess medicinal and healing powers, this ethereal gemstone was said to be an effective antidote against poison. Aquamarines were thought to be the source of power for soothsayers, who called it the “magic mirror,” and used it for telling fortunes and answering questions about the future.
Shine in this beautiful mosaic, my darling Sophanista.
* Faceted aquamarines surround gold in this 10mm mosaic
* Mosaic is on 1" in diameter hand hammered silver
* Additional hand hammered loops accent
* Earwires are sterling silver
* Hand made in our suburban Chicago studio