Faceted aquamarine and pink tourmaline in 17mm mosaic on knotted silk.
In March's birthstone collection, aquamarine is a timeless gemstone said to symbolize youth, hope, health and fidelity. Since this gemstone is the color of water and the sky, it is said to embody eternal life. The name aquamarine was derived by the Romans, “aqua,” meaning water, and “mare,” meaning sea, as the soothing blue emulated the color of the ocean.
Believed to possess medicinal and healing powers, this ethereal gemstone was said to be an effective antidote against poison. Aquamarines were thought to be the source of power for soothsayers, who called it the “magic mirror,” and used it for telling fortunes and answering questions about the future.
Shine in this beautiful mosaic, my darling Sophanista.
* Faceted aquamarines hand knotted on durable silk
* Mosaic is aquamarine surrounded by pink tourmaline
* Necklace is 18" in length.
* Pendant is 17mm in diameter
* Hand made in our suburban Chicago studio